Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Location: Boonton, New Jersey Job Type: 12+Months Contract
· Mechanical Engineer with 4 years of experience working independently in product design. Competent in Solid works and PLM.
· Preferred: Background in MV Switchgear System R&D
· Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, development, and Sustenance projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions.
· Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
· Contributes to development projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
· As a solid project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities.
· Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, development processes and tools (i.e. change control, product lifecycle management (PLM), design for manufacture(DFM), etc
· Maintains awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as client products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for projects in own area.
· Understands what creates customer value in projects and product portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests.
· Good in Design of new product development and ability to come with different design configuration/concept to meet the requirements.
· Bachelor’s in mechanical/Electrical engineering
· Proficient in Solid works, Solid Modelling, Drawing and Assembly modules.
· Experience in Electro- Mechanical design of parts and assemblies
· Good knowledge on Castings, forgings, sheet metal part design, DFM, GD &T analysis
· Proficient in Welding processes and basic design calculations
· Exposure to NEMA design standard
· Should be able to work independently .
· Good interaction and requirement gathering skills.
· Collaborate with managers and other stakeholders to achieve department goals.