Job Position: Interior Design Engineer Location: Auburn Hills, MI (Remote until Covid restrictions, onsite later)
- Lead development and the completion of Interior Engineering Disciplines for direct usage on current Programs within the Interior Engineering team
- Review and approve supplier and in-house engineering disciplines – DFMEA, DVP, etc
- Interface with Functional Engineering and Integration Leads (within Interior and Cross-Functionally) and develop lessons learned from current applicable to Future models
- Single point of contact for Interior to cross-functional teams within the Engineering Disciplines of interior components and sub-systems
- Serve as an expert resource by possessing solid knowledge of overall Interior Systems
- Develop and teach common engineering interior engineering disciplines and ensure consistent use of these disciplines in all programs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation: Best Practices, Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Plato software (Risk Management software) is a must
- Strong DFMEA experience
- Strong understanding and ability to Train first-principle engineering and the application to Interior components, sub-systems, and systems
- A deep passion and innate curiosity for continuous improvement.
- Software experience in JAMA and Plato.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred