Job Title: Wiring and Harness Engineer Location: Greensboro, NC
The Wiring and Harness Engineer is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families. Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations.
- The main objective is to meet project release schedules for harnesses within a particular truck brand. Other areas include, harness cost analysis, complete schematic releases, plant support activities, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy.
- The best candidate must be proficient in understanding circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes inside a global engineering environment
- Serves as an engineer with ownership of multiple harness designs.
- Responsible for harness routing and clipping solutions, with emphasis on harness environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for wiring harness releases within area of responsibility.
- Selects best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry wide design guidelines and recommended practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Supports purchasing and product finance organizations as required.
- Supports wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes.
- Experience with harness development tool – SABER a plus
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage.
- Travel 10-30%
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Dependability / Reliability
- Problem-Solving / Decision Making
- Quality Advocate